Sitting on the top of a lonely hill at Saratoga Historic Battlefield National Park in the Southeastern Adirondacks, is a tiny house. This is the original Nielson Farmhouse. It is significant because Revolutionary generals Benedict Arnold and Enoch Poor used the house. On September 19th, 1777, the men who were encamped here advanced to intercept the British and their German allies in a large battle. The British had moved up this ridge to try to sweep around and reach Albany, NY.